The Black Mountain Press will now be awarding a monthly chapbook winner for poets and fiction writers. Submissions should be from 16-64 pages for consideration of your short novel, short story collections, graphic novel, or poetry collection. The publications will be either stapled or perfect bound with a 4 color cover, barcode, ISBN and distribution. Monthly winner receives 12 copies as payment. Please send your entire manuscript of 16-64 pages.
Apply Now for a Free Working Vacation to Beautiful Asheville, NC
The Black Mountain Press is pleased to announce its new writer/artist in residence program. The residence takes place in our previous location which was a converted child care center. There is plenty of room to stretch out in this house with large fenced yard, minutes away from hiking trails, trout streams, biking trails and more on the Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains, and about 10-15 minutes from downtown Asheville. 1 and 1/2 bathrooms, working office space with wifi, exhibition or reading space, kitchen, and bedroom provided. The selected writers/artists will spend up to 6 weeks this Asheville location and be expected to provide one reading or exhibit at the end of the residency. Image of the residency space is here: http://www.floodgallery.org/images/flood.jpg and interiors on our blog: http://theblackmountainpress.com/blog/erika-brumett-our-first-writer-in-residence/
Hurry! Applications start now (Dates are flexible) Please indicate what dates you are interested in.
Nov. 17th -Dec 30th 2019
Jan 2-Feb 15th 2020
Feb 17-March 30th 2020
Apri 2-May 15th 2020
May 17-June June 30th 2020
- Residencies include access in our former work space: a private home near the Blue Ridge Mountains in Swannanoa, NC, with opportunity and location to demonstrate or read your work.
- Writers/Artists are responsible for their own transportation to and from the location and personal supplies and food.
- Artists are required to exhibit or participate in one reading at the Flood Fine Art Center in Black Mountain, NC
- All utilities and wifi and included in this residency.
- Writers please submit up to 3 published poems, short stories, or 1 novel excerpt for considerations.
- Artists/Musicians/Photographers/Filmmakers please supply 2-3 images, videos, or musical pieces for consideration.
We are now accepting submissions to the the Fall Issue of The Halcyone which has a submission deadline of September 30th, 2019.
Please enter up to 4 poems, , or 1 digital art work(prints, painting, photos etc) or 1 short story under 3500 words that have not been published elsewhere. Now also accepting Novel Excerpt submissions under 5000 words. All submissions should be on a single document. The Halcyone pays featured poets (3-4 poems), artists 1/2 page or larger or short story writers, $10 and 5 copies of the quarterly review. If you desire to submit poetry, short stories and art, each category is a separate entry fee.
Single poems or art work under 1/2 page receive 3 copies of the publication.
Entry to the Halcyone also acknowledges that the writer or artist accepts that their submitted work may be used in the online blog at TheHalcyone.com
One Year Subscription to the Halcyone Magazine
All locations outside of USA
Now accepting submissions to The Miletus International Literature Magazine.
Miletus International Literature Magazine is currently
open to submissions. Please attach a short bio so that we can get to know you.
• Please submit all manuscripts as a Word document:
Poem:260 max word count and short story:495 word count max
• Please make sure that none of the poems or stories submitted have been published before in any form, including magazines, websites or books.
• Authors receive $1.00 off of the price and reduced shipping fee.
• Please do not submit more than two poems or two short stories. Submissions must not exceed the length of four pages in total.
• Please note that by submitting your work you are agreeing to the terms of the Miletus Literature Magazine
One Year Subscription to The Halcyone Literary Magazine
Please submit up to 3 poems for consideration for inclusion in the Sixty Four best poets of the year 2019. These 64 poets will be featured in a book titled The Sixty Four: 2019, published by the Black Mountain Press in November 2019. Submission Fee is $8 and 3 awards will be made to the best three poets as determined by our Final Judge (TBA) Reading period for this book will be from Feb 1st through Oct. 21st, 2019. (Poems can be previously published but no simultaneous submissions please!)
First Prize: $150 and your own book published by the Black Mountain Press (up to 84 pages) and Featured Poet in The Halcyone (plus $10 and 5 copies)
Second Prize: $100 and Featured Poet in The Halcyone (plus $10 and 5 copies)
Third Prize: $50 and Featured Poet in The Halcyone (plus $10 and 5 copies)
The Black Mountain Press
Asheville, NC 28815.
Please see www.theblackmountainpress for details.
All submissions must be completed manuscripts and at least 64 pages.
Artists and curators are invited to submit proposals for solo or group exhibitions at the Flood Gallery Fine Arts Center (solo or three artists or more). Current submissions will be considered for the 2019 and 2020 calendar. Note: Due to the volume of exhibition proposal submissions, we are unable to send any form of response or feedback. No hard copy submissions are accepted.
- Written cover letter with bio information.
- Up to 12 .JPG or PNG images
Artists will be accepted for exhibition in the 1000 sq. foot main gallery at the Flood Gallery Fine Arts Center. Total number of works displayed should be no more that 12-15 at a max. size of 4ftX7ft. vertical or 7ftX7ft square. All work must be completed and framed at the time of submission. Any medium is accepted that is framed and is ready to be attached to the gallery walls. Submission does not imply exhibition in the gallery. Submitters agree that art could be used in the Halcyone Literary magazine.