Apply Now for a Free Working Vacation to Beautiful Asheville, NC
The Black Mountain Press is pleased to announce its new writer/artist in residence program. The residence takes place in our previous location which was a converted child care center. There is plenty of room to stretch out in this house with large fenced yard, minutes away from hiking trails, trout streams, biking trails and more on the Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains, and about 10-15 minutes from downtown Asheville. 1 and 1/2 bathrooms, working office space with wifi, exhibition or reading space, kitchen, and bedroom provided. The selected writers/artists will spend up to 6 weeks this Asheville location and be expected to provide one reading or exhibit at the end of the residency. Image of the residency space is here: http://www.floodgallery.org/images/flood.jpg and interiors on our blog: http://theblackmountainpress.com/blog/erika-brumett-our-first-writer-in-residence/
Hurry! Applications start now (Dates are flexible) Please indicate what dates you are interested in.
Feb 17-March 30th 2020
Apri 2-May 15th 2020
May 17-June June 30th 2020
- Residencies include access in our former work space: a private home near the Blue Ridge Mountains in Swannanoa, NC, with opportunity and location to demonstrate or read your work.
- Writers/Artists are responsible for their own transportation to and from the location and personal supplies and food.
- Artists are required to exhibit or participate in one reading at the Flood Fine Art Center in Black Mountain, NC
- All utilities and wifi and included in this residency.
- Writers please submit up to 3 published poems, short stories, or 1 novel excerpt for considerations.
- Artists/Musicians/Photographers/Filmmakers please supply 2-3 images, videos, or musical pieces for consideration.